As many of you know, Bob Martell and Dix Densley purchased Giant Leap Rocketry Inc. a few years ago. It has been our intention to preserve all that was wonderful about Giant Leap
Rocketry and then add to and improve the products and services you have come to expect from Giant Leap Rocketry. To that end we have some great news regarding our website and other information that we would like to share with you.
We have entirely rebuilt the site from the ground up. We hope you will take the opportunity to click around and familiarize yourself with the new site. You will quickly discover some great upgrades that you will be able to take advantage of. In the next week or so we will be updating and registering the domain with the new site. The site may be down during the transition.
Some highlights of the new site platform:
- Better shipping rates and rate selections
- Automatic tracking of packages and shipping updates
- Improved school quote option
- More stable store navigation and payment processes
- Integrated product search
- Products with free shipping (nosecones and fincans)
- Products with bundled discounts (retainer+adapter)
- Customer account creation option and GLR "Rocket Rewards" that can be applied to future purchases
- We have a new fiberglass tube supplier:
- 38mm and 54mm tube and couplers are in stock - yay!
- 75mm and 98mm are in pre-production
- Website is phone, tablet and desktop friendly
- We will be adding new features to the site. Stay tuned.
We have purchased one of our largest manufacturers and suppliers. We are very excited to announce that we have purchased and now own outright all of the Acme and Slimline products that you have come to know, trust and rely upon for an outstanding and successful launch. The advantage of this acquisition is that the supply chain is now completely controlled by Giant Leap Rocketry. All decisions, direction, and manufacturing are in our control. A big shout out to Mark Rowley, the former owner of Acme, for his excellent aerospace engineering and design work.
We are also excited to announce that Giant Leap is manufacturing their own tubes and recently received its first shipment of Fiberglass body tubes and airframes. One of the greatest frustrations we have experienced as a hobby is the ready availability of high-quality fiberglass tubes. We are very excited about the quality, strength and look of these new body tube and we are sure you will be too.
Two Stage Rocket
We have some very exciting news on the rocket kit frontier. We have designed and tested the first minimal parts, easy to build and incredibly strong two-stage rocket. We hope to go into full production within the year. This rocket will be a simple build and yet will outperform and exceed your wildest expectations. We are very excited to introduce this kit and expand the audience that would like to participate in more thrilling and sensational launches. We would also like to thank Kent Burnett, who currently works for GLR, for his current and past contributions: Two Stage,Talon and Mariah innovative designs.
Again, thanks for supporting Giant Leap Rocketry over these many years. As always if you have any suggestions please reach out.
Dix and Bob